Updated: Feb 18, 2021
Stop buying mac&cheese and start making this! It's just as easy and even more delicious. Try it out with different cheeses and spices.
Makes 2 servings.
Pasta, 1/2 bag (My fav is brown rice pasta fusilli from trader joes, but any pasta works!)
Cheese, 1/2 cup
Butter, 1 Tbs *you can use olive oil or omit completely
Pasta water (reserve ~1/4 cup before straining)
Salt + pepper + garlic powder
1. Cook pasta according to label but reserve pasta water before straining.*
2. Set aside pasta water, set aside. Strain noodles!
3. Add cooked pasta and pasta water back into pot.
4. Add in seasonings and stir.
5. Add cheese and butter and mix well. Let sit with lid on for one 1-2 minutes.
We like to mix in lots of nutrient dense foods: peas, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, hemp seeds, parsley, etc! Or, serve with a large salad. For a 15 minute meal, cook a chicken sausage in the oven while the pasta is boiling. Boom, dinner is served.
*if you forgot to reserve pasta water, no worries. Add a splash of tap water and you'll be just fine