Living foods that love me back
Updated: Sep 20, 2021
It has taken me all 26 years of my life to embrace fermented foods outside of alcohol (lol). I always hated the thought and honestly the smell + taste of 'rotten' food but now I need it and crave it.
Reasons why I love living foods:
- good source of probiotics, contributes to the good bacteria in the gut
- helps digestion + bloating
- fermented foods increases the availability + absorption of vitamins and minerals
- a healthy gut microbiome supports the immune system
How/when I consume:
- a few bites of yogurt in the morning
- a few bites of sauerkraut or fermented ginger carrots (local, no link) before lunch/dinner
- mocktail with Living Vinegar before dinner
Links to my recent favs:
Saurkraut / Kimchi
- Coconut Cult -- the Chocolate Mousse is insane
- Kombucha -- I love Health-Ade, GT's, and Brew Dr.
- ACV -- Bragg is great and widely available, recently tried out Acid League Living Vinegar and love mixing into a tasty little mocktail!
- Farmhouse Culture gut shot -- I use this when I'm in a pinch as it's widely available! There are different flavors as well which is nice to mix it up.