Updated: Jan 15, 2021
Ground Turkey, 1 pound
Onion, 1/2 - chopped
Garlic, 2-3 cloves - minced
Zucchini, 1 (optional)
Oregano, salt + pepper, red pepper flakes (optional)
Full fat Greek yogurt, 1 cup
Feta cheese, 1/3 cup
Persian cucumber, 2 - diced
Olive oil, splash
Lemon, half, squeezed
Fresh dill, measure with your heart (I like ALOT)
Optional toppings: tomato, cucumber, olives, more dill, red onion, butter lettuce or romaine
* if you are making potatoes as a side, prep now and put in oven!
1. Chop onion, zucchini, and cucumber.
2. Sauté onion. When soft, press garlic into pan and stir.
3. Add Zucchini, sauté for a minute or until starting to soften. (Zucchini is optional in this recipe! But add any extra veg that you have!)
4. Add ground turkey to brown and add seasonings.
5. ** if you prefer toasted pita, toast now!
6. Keep meat mixture warm and make Tzatziki.
Add yogurt to a storage bowl (something you can put a lid on!). Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt + pepper and mix thoroughly. Add feta, cucumbers, and dill.
For dinner: loaded pita! Load up your pita with toppings, you can even throw some potatoes in there!
For lunch (leftovers):I like a bigggg bed of lettuce, topping with leftover veggies, a scoop of meat and a scoop of tzatziki with olive oil drizzled allllll over. Top with fresh dill! Crispy potatoes or crispy pita on the side is a bonus!